How many times have you found yourself complaining about your job? Sure, we’ve all had those days staring at the clock, counting down the minutes until we can leave the office. But if correctly calculating the number of seconds until you can go home was the most productive thing you did all day, it might be time to look for a new job- or even a new career.
Many people are hesitant in giving up a secure career and venturing into the unknown, but how will you find the best career if you never leave the worst one? Here are 11 signs you need to switch careers:
1. Your boss tells you that you need to come in Saturday
Is that legal?
2. Nobody around the office understands your job
You feel under-appreciated.
3. Your days are exceptionally repetitive
You want to change things up.
4. You find yourself counting down the days til the next day off
There’s no such thing as too many vacation days.
5. You have to hit the snooze button too many times every morning
You’d rather stay in bed than head to the office.
6. You often find yourself falling asleep at your desk
Where’s the coffee?
7. Speaking of coffee, you need upwards of five cups just to get through the work day
Is there a such thing as too much coffee?
8. You’re so bored that you make a vine like this
9. You don’t feel you’re making an impact
Is there a point in showing up?
10. You frequently avoid your colleagues
You might even hide.
11. You feel more qualified than your boss
Who put them in charge?
If any of these points rang true, don’t be afraid to rethink your game plan or step outside your comfort zone. Try coding today!
And if you found yourself laughing, share with your friends using the buttons below!